Tuesday 6 March 2007

Improvements 1

We have seen
word processing improvements.
Vocabulary improvements.
Reading is more fluent definitley and willingness to read that "extra chapter".
Eye tracking is better, I now don't have to run my finger under each word as it's read.
His spelling has taken off, he knows most of the 100 most used words, which have been on his IEP for 2 years.Remember in Nov 06 we were told that his work had platauxed and we need the Ed Psych out urgently.I'm waiting to see Matthew's teacher, as his reading support teacher told us that his class teacher was amazed with his work (they discussed him at an IEP meeting). I don't know whether this amazement was with the work in the reading support class or in class work generally. Meeting next Monday.He was not eligible for Dyslexia support as his reading age is not poor enough, but they said spelling was a concern. The ED Psych said 1 hr a week help is not going to make that much difference anyway! I'm not upset as I feel we have his reading and spelling are in hand anyway. It's all the other symptoms broadly termed "the fog" , that I want help with.

No comments: