Monday 18 June 2007

Another Worrying Occurence

Today Matthew forgot to attend after school cricket, he had lost his bag and was searching for it, somebody had put a jumper on it, in the panic Matthew became confused and ran off for the bus. I was not home, mobile was flat, my friend at the bus stop took him home, as she sometimes looks after him just in case my husband's train is late. The school was in a panic, but the head only found out because my friend had my mobile number wrong and phoned them to get the correct one. I went to pick him up, he wasn't there.
The upshot of this is that they are now considering not taking him on a weekend activity course in September as they believe he is unreliable and forgetful. The class teacher suggested I gave Matthew a row as he needs to start to be responsible (these educational professionals? know so very little about learning disabilties- it's scary). The class teacher went on that he has 2 years and he'll be in Secondary school and how they won't look after him there, -really useful information as if I don't already know this! Matthew had realised he should be at cricket and was very concerned, and more so when he heard that the Head was thinking of stopping him attending a trip. He really wants to go, and was mad at himself for forgeting saying "why am I so forgetful". I had to remind him how much better he'd been lately.

1 comment:

eraina said...

i think they are taught that phrse (in 2 yrs he'll be in secondary school) as a standard stock phrase at teaching college...quickly translates into 'im at my wits end and have No idea how to cope with your child!!'