Friday 4 May 2007

Educational Psycholgist comes out to Observe

The Ed Psych was asked by myself and the school to come out and observe Matthew in his learning environment. The class teacher and myself believe that a lot more can be learnt about his learning behaviour from observing him than can be gleaned from IQ tests and 1 word reading and spelling tests (although they help).
I have had the report, it was a blow by blow account of the lesson, a high literacy lesson concluding with some writing work.
This from the write up:-
"Matthew had written the date, lesson aim, title and one 6-word sentence (Mae Nelly Telly yn criw teledu). The average amount of work during this lesson seemed to me to be about a paragraph (which the teacher wanted)- probably 3 times the amount of Matthew's output."

I will add the commentary when I have time.

No comments: