Wednesday 11 April 2007

Good Grammer on Holiday

The first night we stayed out in out caravan we all usually find it hard to settle, it was 11.30pm and we were all still awake. The camp site has an all quiet rule for campers from 11pm. Unfortunately across from us we had a group of pensioners who stayed in their awning chatting way pass 11pm.
I was moaning that I would have to get up and ask them to go inside their caravan, so that we could not hear the constant chatting.

Matthew jumped up and said "I'm going to tell them that My family and I are trying to get to sleep, can you please be quiet." Off he went with Glenn shouting "stop him he's so embarassing". I had explained to him about the grammer he used weeks ago, and had corrected him and explained it only once after he had said "me and my friend", not expectig it to stick as it never normally does.

He didn't actually get to say that, as they spotted him coming and got up to leave, so Matthew just said "Oh are you going now?" (we were willing him to say "and about time too"). We had our noses pressed against the window amazed, he never has had any inhibitions when talking to older people, although always respectful he is very truthful in what he says. (We have had impulsive outbursts but with no real ill intent, like the time he asked the Dore therapist if he knew his tooth stuck out- Ouch.)

No comments: