Monday 16 July 2007

Spoke to Head Mistress

I spoke to the headmistress on Friday, she is pleased with Matthew's progress. She is going to send me his assessment scores tonight (fingers crossed), but apparently there are no levels, not really sure what I'm going to get. She has received the new Ed Psych report and he has made several recomendations for Matthew, they are to buy in some aids to help with his writing, AND look into borrowing a Laptop for Matthew to use at school. I have mixed feelings about this, yes if it's necessary lets start using a laptop, but I would prefer him to learn to write with ease. Also I'm the one who will have to help him develop keyboard skills- groan :(.
W e also talked about his activity weekend, and she talked through what they could do to help him, she was sort of convincing herself that it was ok for him to go as I just let her talk, laying a few words in here and there e.g buddy system? Both the Ed Psych and Speech Thereapist have stated that he has mature in the last 6 months, so we will have another 3 months before end of Sept., I know he will be fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your results then mathew, I will look forward to hearing how you are doing.
It sounds as though your head mistess is coming around, I am sure you will be fine on the trip and will be able to show how much you have grown up in the last 6 months, good for you Mathew. Ellie XXX