Sunday 1 July 2007

Dinner for 2

I was working last night and when I got up at 1pm today my husband and older son where on their way out. Matthew took charge "Would you like some beans on toast for dinner, I'll make it?" I was a bit nervous of him opening a tin (pull ring type), but I have shown him several times and he has had a go, so I said yes that would be lovely. We had a very nice dinner. Last night he made me a cup of tea (to my horror), as I was rushing to get my things together for work I was shouting "Can someone please make me a cuppa?" meaning the 2 others in the house. Next minute Matthew shouted "I've done you one", -including putting the hot water on. I have explained that I don't want him to make it again until he's a bit taller just in case of accidents, which he agreed on.

3 comments:

JeanLaninga said...

Not only is Matthew being very sweet in helping and taking care of you, this willingness is showing that he is indeed coming out of himself, being able to think about and realize ways and know how he can be helpful to you and the family. He is developing into such a very nice and sweet young man, isn't he?

Anonymous said...

Well what a lovely boy to have made you supper and then a cup of tea. It does show he is changing completely and is confident enough to feel he can do it. Maybe he can make you a cup of tea when you are watching him and you pour the hot water.
Would he have been like this pre Dore!!! Ellie XXX

Math's Mam said...

I think it's a confidence thing now he what's to help with the cooking alot of the time. He loves to show what he can do and is capable of, and is very willing.