Tuesday 18 September 2007

Mental Tasks Update

We started off with 2 exercises from hell, to introduce us to the mental tasks. One was driving the car,while Matthew was focusing on things out the window, in the back of the car of course (children are not allowed in the front with the air bags these days). Try driving, instructing, and shouting out questions to a 9 yr old, trying to look in the mirror and keep the car on the road at the same time. Dad had to come along in the evening sessons, we struggled through.
Then there was the vertical and horizontal circles II while on the ball. I'm saying keep circling, then shout out a questions, -list are better for this we have found, but every time I shout "keep circling" I get "I'm doing it, I'm doing it" and he instantly forgets what his list was. We have some somwhat easier ones next (thank goodness) -bring back standing on 1 leg and the wobble board pleeeeeeeeeeez.

4 comments:

eraina said...

hang in there hun, you know its worth all the tears and tantrums (ours AND matthews!!) you'll forget all about that when he's signed off!!! xxx

Bugalug said...

Goodness Lesley, and I thought ours were hard...I see we have the driving one coming up .... noooooo!!! Still, we battle on through the moans and groans - better things to come, I just know it!

Anonymous said...

Well Leila never had that one for hers must be new and have I got to do that with Kieran and me with CDD as well.
I wonder how many times I will have mear misses in the car!!! will not look forward to that one. Ellie XXX

JeanLaninga said...

Ooh GAWWWWD Lesley! We had the driving one. That was totally the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was to take another drive 6 miles down the highway and back again, with timer in hand, and like you said, juggling all those tasks to keep the Dore'er going while driving, is enough to make one mad.

Brought back the days when the only time we had to practice spelling was on the way back and from school in the car, only moreso!

Eraina said it, it will get easier!